|Are you a social media addict?|
Whether we like to admit it or not, social media has become an addiction.
It started as a boon by connecting us with our long-lost friends. Then it made us rave and rant about issues that are close to our hearts. But now social media has become a bane. It keeps us up during the nights. During days it interrupts our thoughts too. The beep on our smart phones never stops, and even when we kill the sound, the screen keeps flashing.
Here’s an action plan. It might seem a bit quirky, but after you are done reading, even 3 actions out of these 7 will make your life simpler and more fruitful.
1. GET MARRIED TO SOMEONE WHO IS SMARTER THAN YOU: That way your pictures, videos and jokes will be up on social media even before you can make up your mind.
2. GO FOR A RUN / SWIM: These exercises will demand more time and since you can’t dodge work at office, or dilute attention from your girlfriend / boyfriend, time on social media will automatically get cut.
3. READ MORE BOOKS. You will either enjoy the experience of reading a book, or you will go to sleep. In any case reading a book will keep you away from social media.
4. GET RID OF YOUR PHONE. Exchange your smart phone for a month with the old-fashioned phone that your dhobi / driver has. That way you will be passing the disease to them. Don’t forget to log off from all social hangouts before giving the phone away, or your friends will assume that you have lost your mind when they will see the new pictures uploaded by dhobi / driver.
5. DRINK MORE ALCOHOL: It will make you do something really stupid and you will start losing friends by the hour. When finally you run out of followers and friends, there will be no point in continuing.
6. GET A DOG: Dogs can be as dumb as some of your friends on social media, or sometimes as intelligent. Either way you will never miss your friends from the virtual world.
7. STOP WATCHING NEWS: Watch romantic or action movies on television instead. It blurs reality and with it the urge to fight your small war on social media has lesser meaning. Indian news channels can frustrate you. They make you say things on social media which might seem relevant at the time but have little meaning at the end of the day.